JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Way the Truth and the Life

The Way, the Truth and the Life

“I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.  Nobody can come to the Father except through me.”  (John 14: 6-7)

Jesus is my Way.  He is my Truth and he is my Life.  What does this mean to me today?

A way leads to somewhere.  If life is a journey, what is my destination?   My whole life is  a journey to the Father.  All the circumstances and events have been arranged to lead to one destination:  the Father.  How is Jesus my Way to the Father?  His life and teachings form the highway to the Father.  They are also the light that light up this highway.

Jesus is my Truth.  A truth is.  A truth is reality.  What is the truth of life?  Ask Jesus.  He knows.  What is the truth about my situation today?  Ask Jesus.  He knows.  Man yearns for truth.  St. Augustine says that God has made us for himself and our hearts are restless until they rest in God, the ultimate being and truth.

Jesus is my life.  The true life is eternal life.  We receive the beginning of this life in baptism.  We grow in this life through the sacraments.  Sacraments are actions of Jesus Christ instituted to impart grace and eternal life to us.

Lord Jesus, I believe you are my Way, my Truth and my Life.  Help me to grow in the understanding of this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2