JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Spirit of truth

The Spirit of truth

“If you love me you will keep my commandments.  I shall ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you forever, that Spirit of truth whom the world can never receive.  Since it neither sees nor knows him; but you know him, because he is with you, he is in you.”  (John 14: 13-17)

I believe the words of Jesus.  Thank you Jesus for the marvelous gift of the Holy Spirit.  I know his presence in me through his activities:  peace and tranquility, light and guidance, joy and consolation.  These graces have been the dominant environment of my life since 060195.  

Jesus promises that the Holy Spirit will be with me forever.  I delight in this promise.  At the same time, I understand that the promise is conditional of my keeping the commandments of Jesus, notably the commandment of love.  I know that the Holy Spirit is with me to help me to keep God’s commandments and to make me holy.  He is the Spirit of truth, the giver and protector of my charism.  I love the Holy Spirit very much.

Lord Jesus, thank you very much for the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Help me to always show appreciation for this wonderful gift.  May I grow steadily in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2