JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Holy Spirit My Senior Partner

The Holy Spirit – My Senior Partner

“I have said these things to you while still with you; but the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all I have said to you.”  (John 14: 25 – 26)

When Jesus said the above words to his disciples, it was only a promise.  This promise was fulfilled at Pentecost.  Today, everybody has the opportunity to verify whether this promise is true or false.  I became conscious of the presence of the Holy Spirit within me on June 1, 1996.  

How did this happen?  First, I had the intimation that the Holy Spirit will change my life.  Next, I searched for information on the Holy Spirit from the Bible and spiritual books.  The information I got from my research confirmed the truth that the Holy Spirit was what I needed most in my life at that time.  My desire for him began to grow.  I searched for how to get the Holy Spirit.  I found a slim pamphlet containing a nine day novena on the Holy Spirit.  I made the nine day prayer.  On the final day, after I said the concluding prayers, I accepted in faith that the Holy Spirit was in me.

I felt two emotions immediately.  One was a deep feeling of peace and joy.  The other was an urge to read the Bible.  The first words I read were:   "Therefore I prayed, and prudence was given me; I pleaded and the spirit of Wisdom came to me." nbsp; (Wisdom 7:7).   I needed no further confirmation.  The Holy Spirit truly was within me.  I am his temple.  He is the Advocate who pleads my cause with the Father.  How great!  How wonderful!  His presence is peace and tranquility.  I knew that whenever I pray in the Holy Spirit my prayer must have a hearing.  

In John 14: 25 – 26, Christ also promised that the Holy Spirit will teach me everything in connection with God’s kingdom.  So the Holy Spirit is indeed more than my Senior Partner.  He is my Teacher, my Guide, my Motivator, the Source of all my achievements.

The Holy Spirit will also remind me of all that Christ has told me at the time I need this information most.  For example:  “My grace is always with you.” “Be still and know that I am God.”  Thank you O Blessed Spirit.  Make me open and docile to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2