JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Bearing witness to the truth

Bearing witness to the truth

“Yes, I am a king.  I was born for this, I came into the world for this:  to bear witness to the truth; and all who are on the side of the truth listen to my voice.”  (John 18: 37)

I find that Jesus makes a great statement of purpose in the above scripture.  He is a king whose purpose in life is to bear witness to the truth.  Pilate asked Jesus:  “What is the truth?”  He did not wait for the answer.  But we know the answer.  “I am the truth, the way and the life,” said Jesus in another occasion.  

Jesus is king.  But where does he reign?  “My kingdom is not of this world,” he says.  Jesus reigns in the hearts, minds and souls of believers.  He reigns in the Church.  In the Lord’s Prayer, we ask:  “Thy kingdom come.”  We ask God the Father to hasten the reign of Jesus in every heart and soul.  

Jesus came to bear witness to the truth about God, myself, the Church and the world.  Because I have a spark of the truth in me, I listen to Jesus.  

Lord Jesus, help me to share in your ministry of bearing witness to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2