JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Giving All

Giving All

“I tell you that this poor widow put more in the offering box than all the others.  For the others put in what they had to spare of their riches; but she, poor as she is, put in all she has – she gave all she had to live on.” (Mark 12: 43 – 44)

Jesus praised the poor widow.  The poor widow gave everything she had.  If she had more, she would have given that too.  Jesus gave this lesson to his disciples and not to everybody.  Those who are close to Christ should learn to give everything like the poor widow.  Jesus wants a total and massive commitment.  

God does not look at the size of the gift, he looks at the heart.  The poor widow gave all because she loves much.  I am reminded of the parable of the talents.  Everybody receives a talent.  Generous contribution is expected from everybody.  The talents are God’s gifts to us.  By giving back this gift with generosity, we exercise faith and love.  Today, one of my great talents is abundant time.  How am I using it?  Lord, I know that I cannot rival you in generosity.  Teach me to give all.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2