JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Inspired Word

Inspired Word

“How can the teachers of the law say that the Messiah will be the descendant of David?  The Holy Spirit inspired David to say:  ‘The Lord said to my Lord:  Sit here on my right until I put your enemies under your feed. ‘  David himself called him Lord; so how can the Messiah be David’s descendant?” (Mark 12: 35 – 37)

I am reminded that all scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit.  All scripture is good for teaching, instructing and reprimanding.  Scripture is the word of God.

Thank you Jesus for impressing this lesson once more upon me.  I thank you for my growing love for your word.  Open my eyes to the beauty of sacred scripture.  I am also struck by these words:  “Sit here on my right, until I put your enemies under your feet.”  Isn’t this scripture similar to my rhema: “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46: 10).  It is an invitation to deep faith and patience.  Deep faith, patience, wisdom and humility are my greatest needs today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2