JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

True Riches of Life - Faith

True Riches of Life – Faith

“Have pity on us and help us, if you possibly can!’  ‘Yes,’ said Jesus, ‘If you possibly can!  Everything is possible for the person who has faith.’  The father at once cried out, ‘I have faith but not enough.  Help me to have more!”  (Mark 9: 22 – 24)

The man’s request to Jesus is conditional:  “If you possibly can!”  Jesus started to reply sarcastically using his weak words, “If you possibly can!”  But he softens and seizes the opportunity for a teaching moment:  “Everything is possible for the person who has faith.”
How strong is my faith in Jesus?  How do I measure my faith?  You know the tree by its fruit.  I rely on Jesus for everything:  health, job, money, food, tools, peace and the success of the Enterprise.  I rely on Jesus everyday for light and guidance.  

I place my trust in God’s unfailing promise.  When I believe that God has promised me something, I pray and continue to pray until the promise is fulfilled.  But before the promise is fulfilled, having prayed, I act with confidence in the direction of my goal.  I act as if success if guaranteed because result depends on Jesus and not on me.  I know that everything is possible for God.  

Lord Jesus, I thank you for my faith today.  Lord, help me to have more faith!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2