JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Now is a very acceptable time


"For he says: “In an acceptable time I heard you, and on the day of salvation I helped you.” Behold, now is a very acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:2)

This scripture is repeated several times during the Lenten Season.  It meant one thing to me.  There is an acceptable time for favors.  There may also be an unacceptable time for favors.  In the world, time is measured in Chronos, a succession of seconds, minutes, hours, weeks and years.  But in the Kingdom, time is measure in Kairos, that is, the fullness of time or the appointed time by God for a special event or favor. In the light of this, it is my experience that I receive the most spiritual favors during the Lenten Season.  I was healed of smoking addiction during Lent.  I took up a number of sound spiritual practices which I have continued now for over 15 years. 

Lent is always an acceptable to come to God for favors through prayers, fasting and good works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2