JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Wait


“While meeting with them, he enjoined them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for “the promise of the Father* about which you have heard me speak; “for John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the holy Spirit.”  (Acts 1: 4 – 5)

The word “Wait” has become a key word in the Enterprise vocabulary.  At the onset of the Enterprise, I prayed that every day I may grow in patience.  It took some time to understand that waiting, patience, endurance, perseverance are synonymous.  Then one day, I heard the word which came as an answer to a blunt question to the Father.  To the question, “how long must I endure the present impasse?”  I heard one word in my spirit:  “Wait!”  The experience of this elocution was similar to the time when I heard the unforgettable words, “The only thing you need is the Holy Spirit.” 
I knew that the “Wait!” was an answer, a command and a rhema because later that day, I read this scripture:

"Why are you downcast, my soul; why do you groan within me? Wait for God, for I shall again praise him, my savior and my God" (Psalm 42: 6)
The object of the Wait in Acts 1: 4-5 is the Holy Spirit.  What is the object of the Wait in Psalm 42:6?

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2