JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Obedience of faith


“Be strong and courageous.  Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you.”  (Deuteronomy 31:6) NIV

How do we live this truth?  If I assent to the truth that God goes with me and will not leave nor forsake me, then I can act strong and courageous.  Then I will refuse to be afraid of anybody or any circumstance.   Living faith shows itself through action.  Isaiah teaches that faith that is firm is also patient. (Isaiah 28:16)  Jean Pierre de Caussade writing in ABANDONMENT TO DIVINE PROVIDENCE writes:  “If our faith is strong we shall be confident that we lack nothing..”  He asserts the truth of Psalm 23:1 and Hebrews 13:5-6.

Obedience of faith means obeying and acting because we believe.  I am strong and courageous because I believe that God is with me and will not leave nor forsake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2