JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, November 17, 2018

My words will not pass away.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."  (Mark 13: 31).

As we enter the 33rd Week in Ordinary Time, we notice that the emphasis of the Readings from the Holy Scriptures has shifted to the End Times. This world is not our permanent residence. One day, the world will end. But before that, we are invited to consider our own individual end and face to face meeting with the One who is called "The Faithful and True Witness."  (Revelation 3: 14).

Let us capture some quotes from today's Sacred Scriptures.  Can you trust Jesus who is "The Yes and Amen" (2 Corinthians 1: 20)?  I hope these Scriptures will boost your faith in the unfailing promises of Jesus Christ.

#1.  "The Lord said: I think thoughts of peace and not of affliction.
You will call upon me, and I will answer you." 
(Jeremiah 29: 11, 12, 14).

#2.  "But the wise shall shine brightly like the splendor of the firmament, and those who lead the many to justice shall be like the stars forever.”  (Daniel 12: 3).

#3. "O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot. I set the LORD ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed."  (Psalm 16: 5).

#4.  "Be vigilant at all times
and pray that you have the strength to stand before the Son of Man."  (Luke 21: 36).

#5.  "And then they will see ‘the Son of Man coming in the clouds’ with great power and glory,  and then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the end of the earth to the end of the sky."  (Mark 13: 26 - 27).

#6.  "To be near God is my happiness, to place my hope in God the Lord."  (Psalm 73: 28).

#7.  "Amen, I say to you: Whatever you ask in prayer,
believe that you will receive,
and it shall be given to you, says the Lord."  (Mark 11: 23 - 24).

Brothers and sisters, I hope this Buffet of Sacred Writings will warm your heart this Sunday and propel you to seek the prize of everlasting happiness.

"Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."
(Revelation 22: 20).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2