JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Jesus is passing by.

"They told [Bartimaeus], “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”  He shouted, “Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!”  (Luke 18:  37 - 38).

A year ago, I attended the Pre-Advent Mission at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The Mission Preacher used the Gospel of today (Mark 13: 24 - 32).  It is without doubt one of the most impactful Advent Mission I have ever experienced. What did I learn?

#1. Jesus may be passing by you every day. Could be at Mass, work, grocery store, hospital, gas station, etc. Are you alert? Are you prepared to engage him like Bartimaeus?

#2.  "Jesus asked Bartimaeus,  “What do you want me to do for you?” He replied, “Lord, please let me see.”  (Luke 18: 41).

Have you prayed and discerned your greatest need?  It will be unforgivable to miss such lifetime opportunity.

#3. "Jesus told him, “Have sight; your faith has saved you.”  He immediately received his sight and followed him, giving glory to God. (Luke 18: 42 - 43).

I like this fellow Bartimaeus a lot.  He seems to know what to do in every moment.  I depend constantly on inspiration and power to know how to react in sudden and surprising situations.  If you are like me, befriend the Holy Spirit and ask Him always to give you the inspiration and power you need.

#4.  "To be near God is my happiness, to place my hope in God the Lord." (Psalm 73 : 28).

Bartimaeus had desired and prayed to be near God, he got his chance today.

#5. "Amen, I say to you: Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you will receive, and it shall be given to you, says the Lord."  (Mark 11: 23 - 24).

Bartimaeus is a man of deep faith and prayer.  You can be the same. ASK: Ask. Seek. Knock. And Receive!

#6.  "Blessed is the one who reads aloud and blessed are those who listen to this prophetic message and heed what is written in it, for the appointed time is near."  (Revelation 1: 3).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2