JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, November 19, 2018

Is God training you as a daughter or a son?

"Those whom I love, I reprove and chastise."  (Revelation 3: 19).

Years ago at the beginning of my conversion, everything I held dear came crashing down at once.  I was bewildered because I thought I heard Jesus say to me:  “Zacchaeus, come down quickly, for today I must stay at your house.” I came down quickly and received him with joy."  (Luke 19: 5 - 6).

I remained in a state of material and spiritual desolation for months until one Sunday in August, the Lord took pity on me and spoke to me directly from the Sanctuary during the Liturgy of the Word. This is what I heard: "Endure your trials as “discipline”; God treats you as sons. For what “son” is there whom his father does not discipline?" 
(Hebrews 12: 7).   This gift of Understanding of this particular word of God to me transformed my Desert Experience, which by the way lasted for more than five years. I knew my trials and tribulations had a purpose: God was training me as a son.  Are you in the Desert? Is God training you as a daughter or a son?  Do not quit. The reward will be unbelievable.

“The victor will thus be dressed in white, and I will never erase his name from the book of life but will acknowledge his name in the presence of my Father and of his angels."  (Revelation 3: 5).

Do not be Lukewarm but be very enthusiastic like Zacchaeus so that you may not hear this reproach:
"So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth."
(Revelation 3: 16).

Be ready at all times to open the door for Jesus at the first knock:
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me."  (Revelation 3: 20).

SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2