JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Whom do you love more, your son or Jesus?

“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 10: 37 - 39).

Monday 12th July 2021, in the 15th Week in Ordinary Time.

What strikes you from our key Scripture for today from Matthew 10: 37 - 39?
There are No Half Measures in the words of Jesus!! Jesus did not say:
It is OK if you love your father or mother 50% and love Me Jesus 50%. It is OK when you pick up your cross whenever you feel like and follow Me.
Everything He says is absolute. If you follow me, it has to be fully if you want to reap the benefits.

Do you now understand why Christianity does not work for many? In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says:
"First and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also." (Matthew 6: 33 AMP).

If you desire all your needs to be met, you understand what to do. You must make God's business your top priority. Jesus said to St Catherine of Siena, mystic and Doctor of the Church: 'My daughter, if you think of my business first, I will think of yours first."

I have been beating about the bush in do-it-your-own way Christianity. I had not experienced the promised answers to prayers. Since I started following the way of Jesus, things have brightened up for me a lot.

Thank You Jesus for the promise below.
"My Heart is open to your prayers and I receive them with favour because it is I who inspire you to speak to Me in this way. This is the secret of prayer pleasing to My Heart: it rises out of a grace that I have already planted in the soul, even before you come into My presence, even before you open your mouth, or take up your pen, or begin to formulate words. These are the prayers that I answer most readily; these are the prayers that I answer unfailingly, because they are the fruit of the work of the Holy Spirit in the soul, teaching the soul to pray in perfect harmony with the desires and designs of My own Sacred Heart." (IN SINU JESU page 120).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2