JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Feast of St Kateri Tekewitha, the Lily of the Mohawks.

"At that time Jesus exclaimed: “I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will." (Matthew 11: 25 - 26).

Wednesday 14th July 2021, 15th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of St Kateri Tekakwita (1656 - 1680). Born near New York. Daughter of a Mohawk chief. Kateri died at the age of 24. She had great devotion to the Eucharist and Jesus Crucified. She is known as the "Lily of the Mohawks" and is the patron saint of ecologists, environmentalists, and Native Americans.

Our key Scripture today fits St Kateri as hand in glove. God in His merciful and powerful Providence chooses the weak to accomplish great things. He chose Mary, the 14 year old Virgin of Nazareth to be the Mother of the Son. He chose Saints Catherine of Siena and Therese, the Little Flower and revealed to them the mysteries of the Kingdom of God. He called and chose St Maria Faustina and revealed to her the secrets of the Divine Mercy.

In the first Reading for today, Exodus 3: 1 - 12, God called and chose Moses, a retired shepherd of 80 years to play a central role in the Exodus, the type and shadow of our liberation from the shackles of the slavery of sin.

The Church is today at the crossroads with cultures all over the world. Who is the new Moses? Who is the new Catherine of Siena? Might it be you?

When Moses hesitated at the invitation of God to lead the People of Israel to freedom, God said: "I will be with you." That is all I need to hear. Do you need more?

"It is the little and the poor who come to Me in the Sacrament of My love and who console My Heart by their presence to Me. It has always been so. The proud and the worldly have no time for Me, because I am hidden, because I am poor, because I am silent, in the Sacrament of My love. But those who are themselves humble and poor are drawn to the humility and the poverty of My Eucharistic presence. I welcome them. I take comfort in their presence, and I recognize them as those blessed of My Father to whom belongs already the Kingdom of Heaven." (IN SINU JESU page 229).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2