JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, July 16, 2021

Jesus hides from those who want to kill Him.

"Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom I delight; I shall place my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles. He will not contend or cry out, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory. And in his name the Gentiles will hope." (Matthew 12: 18 - 21).

Saturday 17th July 2021, in the 15th Week in Ordinary. There is no feast in the Liturgical Calendar. Let us celebrate the memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Matthew tells us in the Gospel for today that  "The Pharisees went out and took counsel against Jesus to put him to death. When Jesus realized this, he withdrew from that place." At the end of today's Gospel, we are given the character profile of the Man the Pharisees are clamoring to kill. He never contended or raised His voice in the streets.  "A bruised reed he will not break, a smoldering wick he will not quench." What does this all mean? Jesus is not a common criminal. At His trial before Pontius Pilate, the Roman Procurator said three times:  'I found no fault in this Man." Jesus is innocent of any fault.

In the Plan of God, Jesus must die so that you and I must live.

"I have chosen to communicate My light to your soul by making it pass through the pure and sinless Heart and hands of My Immaculate Mother. The more you turn to her, the more you remain confident and childlike beneath her gaze of maternal love, the more will you be changed from one degree of glory to another. This is My Mother’s work in the souls of priests, and the work of the Holy Spirit who touches souls by means of her hands." IN SINU JESU page 65).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirst.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2