JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Feast of St Kateri Tekakwita, Virgin and Lay Religious.

"WHO WILL TEACH ME WHAT IS MOST PLEASING TO GOD, THAT I MAY DO IT." (ST KATERI TEKAKWITA, LILY OF THE MOHAWKS).

Your yoke is tailor-made to fit you alone.

“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.” (Matthew 11: 28 - 30).

Thursday July 14th of the 15th week in Ordinary Time. The Church commemorates the life of St Kateri Tekakwita and  St Camillus de Lellis.

#1. St Kateri Tekakwita (1656 - 1680). Born near New York. Daughter of a Mohawk chief. Kateri died at the age of 24. She had great devotion to the Eucharist and Jesus Crucified. She is known as the "Lily of the Mohawks" and is the patron saint of ecologists, environmentalists, and Native Americans.

#2.  St Camillus de Lellis.  (1550 -1614). Italian. Priest. Camillus gave his life to Jesus after a troubled youth. He worked in Giacomo Hospital. While working here, he heard the call from God to found an order dedicated to the care of the sick. God gave St Camillus a special love for the sick. He founded the Order of the Camellians and improved the treatment and care of hospital patients.

The short Gospel for today fits St Kateri as hand in glove. God in His merciful and powerful Providence chooses the weak to accomplish great things. Kateri became a shining star for the Indigenous People of the Mohawk nation in North America.

What are your personal yokes and burdens today?

How many people today find the yoke of marriage unbearable? Or their daily employment intolerable? Think about the burden of debt or financial insecurity? Will this century turn out to be the century with the highest suicide rate among the youth?

Christ Jesus seems to proclaim in the short Gospel of today: "Listen to me! O that you will listen to Me! I have a solution to your dilemma. The Good News is that what you call unbearable yoke and burden are tailor-made to fit you alone. The burden is truly light and the yoke is easy, believe Me."

Four simple steps to turn around your unbearable yoke and transform it into a goldmine:

#1. Embrace God’s gracious will every moment of your life. Don't try to change God or His loving Providence and Plan for your life.
#2. Enjoy the Presence of Jesus in the Sacrament of the Present Moment. Jesus is Emmanuel, the God who is always with us.
#3. Learn to offer continuously a Sacrifice of Praise and Thanksgiving. Thank God always even for what you see as little favors.
#4. Learn the power of Sweet Surrender. Letting Go and letting God is very powerful.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." (Revelation 3: 20).

"I am glorified when you honor my saints." Lord Jesus remember us who delight in honoring your saints.

"This is why it so grieves Me" , said Jesus to a mystic, "that churches are locked and that I am left for days on end alone in the tabernacle. I would draw souls to My open Heart, I would have them experience what it is to abide in the radiance of My Eucharistic Face, I would give Myself in intimate friendship to souls drawn to Me in the Sacrament of My love, but you priests, shepherds of souls, have forgotten that keeping open your churches is integral to your sacred ministry." (IN SINU JESU page 54).

7. 14. We honor the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ in July.

“Upon receiving Holy Communion, the Adorable Blood of Jesus Christ really flows in our veins and His Flesh is really blended with ours.” (St John Vianney).

Daily Bible Verse @ 
SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2