JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, July 10, 2022

The Feast of St Benedict of Nursia OSB, Abbot.

JESUS TO ST CATHERINE OF SIENA: "MY DAUGHTER, IF YOU THINK OF MY BUSINESS FIRST, I WILL THINK OF YOURS FIRST."

"Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 10: 34.... 11:1).

Monday 11th July 2022, of the 15th Week in Ordinary Time is the feast of a pivotal figure in the history of Christianity: St Benedict of Nursia, Abbot. (480 - 547). Italian and founder of the Benedictine Order. His twin sister St Scholastica embraced religious life and became a leader in monastic movement for women.
St Benedict is the co-patron saint of Europe. He is also the patron saint of monks, witchcraft, diseases among others. His rules for monastic life is still widely used. His motto is: "Pray and Work."

Do you find anything difficult in today's Gospel? I find many tough challenges. There are No Half Measures in the words of Jesus!! Jesus did not say:
It is OK if you love your father or mother 50% and love Me Jesus 50%. It is OK when you pick up your cross whenever you feel like and follow Me.
Jesus says what He means. He means what He says. If you follow Me, it has to be fully if you want to reap the full benefits.

Do you now understand why some people say that Christianity does not work for them? In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus says:
"First and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also." (Matthew 6: 33 AMP).

If you desire all your needs to be met, you know what to do. You  make God's business your top priority.

Thank You Jesus for the promise below.

"My Heart is open to your prayers and I receive them with favour because it is I who inspire you to speak to Me in this way. This is the secret of prayer pleasing to My Heart: it rises out of a grace that I have already planted in the soul, even before you come into My presence, even before you open your mouth, or take up your pen, or begin to formulate words. These are the prayers that I answer most readily; these are the prayers that I answer unfailingly, because they are the fruit of the work of the Holy Spirit in the soul, teaching the soul to pray in perfect harmony with the desires and designs of My own Sacred Heart." (IN SINU JESU page 120).

7. 11. July is the Month dedicated to the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ.

“Sometimes let us kindle in our souls an ardent affection, considering his great affection towards us, which upon the cross he declared and manifested to the whole world. And the benefit which he bestowed upon us in his passion, because he bought us with the inestimable price of his precious blood, of which only, we reap the benefit and commodity.”  (St. Peter of Alcantara).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2