JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Friday, July 15, 2022

The Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

"WHOEVER DIES INVESTED WITH THIS SCAPULAR SHALL BE PRESERVED FROM THE ETERNAL FLAMES. IT IS A SIGN OF SALVATION, A SURE SAFEGUARD IN DANGER, A PLEDGE OF PEACE AND OF MY SPECIAL PROTECTION UNTIL THE END OF THE AGES." (OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL).

Some years ago, a friend of mine in the RCIA Ministry gave me a Brown Scapula. I hung it on the wall in my Prayer Area. On the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel a couple of years ago, I was inspired to put on that Brown Scapula. It was on my neck day and night. A few months ago, it fell apart from constant use. I prayed to Our Lady on inspiration on how to replace it. The prayer was answered immediately. Do not neglect Sacramentals.

Jesus is The Chosen Servant.
"When Jesus realized this, he withdrew from that place. Many [people] followed him, and he cured them all, but he warned them not to make him known.  This was to fulfill what had been spoken through Isaiah the prophet:

“Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom I delight; I shall place my spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles. He will not contend or cry out, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory.
And in his name the Gentiles will hope.” (Matthew 12: 14 - 21).

Saturday of the 15th week of Ordinary Time is the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

My Servant shall not brawl or shout in the street.

“Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom I delight; I shall place my spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles." (Matthew 12: 18).

What words do we associate with Mount Carmel? The Prophet Elijah, the Carmelite Order, St. Simon Stock.

On July 16, 1251 the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to St Simon Stock, the Superior General of the Carmelites in England and gave him the brown scapula. Mary promised her protection to all those who wear the scapula. This is the origin of the devotion of Our Lady of Mount Carmel and the Brown Scapula. The brown scapula is one of the numerous sacramentals of the Church.

Isaiah tells us that our Gospel of today applies to Jesus the Messiah. Jesus makes a tactical withdrawal from Galilee in order to avoid head on collision with the Pharisees who had decided that Jesus must die. Huge crowd followed Him. He healed all those who were sick. Isaiah affirms the healing ministry of Jesus the Messiah whose mission is to make man whole in body, mind and soul.

Although Jesus did not brawl or shout during His public ministry, nor did anyone hear His voice in the street, He was nevertheless tried as a public criminal and suffered the death reserved for the worst criminal. What does this tell us about the plan of our salvation?

Have you not understood that just as the Son of Man must suffer before His victory and triumph, so must we suffer and accept some suffering in our life.
Do you not remember all the miracles performed by Jesus to prove that He is truly God?  How about all His miraculous interventions in our life?

Let us give thanks to God with a shout!

7.16. July is the Month dedicated to the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ.

“Blood of Christ, inebriate (intoxicate) me.”  (St Ignatius of Loyola).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2