JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Martha you worry too much.

"DO NOT HAVE ANY ANXIETY ABOUT THE FUTURE. LEAVE EVERYTHING IN GOD'S HANDS. FOR HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU." (ST JOHN BAPTISTE DE LA SALLE).

Martha, why are you so anxious and distracted?

"Jesus entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him. She had a sister named Mary who sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me.” The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.”  (Luke 10: 38  -  42).

Sunday July 17th of the 16th Week of Ordinary Time.

Martha and Mary are sisters and live in the same house. Their differences in outlook gives Jesus a teaching opportunity to address a problem that is endemic in our society today. Our lives are distracted by too many gadgets, information overload, mindless multitasking and many other things.

Jesus says to Martha and us:
“Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.”

What is the better part that Mary has chosen? Mary chose to honor their Guest. Mary chose the will of God for her at this moment.

When you choose the will of God for you here and now instead of your own will, you have chosen the better part. The will of God is always the better part. In God's will is our peace. Our Shalom!

How do we know the will of God? It is not complicated at all. The easiest way is to ask God. "Lord what will You have me do?" God is our Father who wants the very best for His children. He can never deceive us. He promises us to ask and we shall receive.

God speaks to us in Sacred Scripture. Scripture is the very word of God. As you sit at the feet of Jesus like Mary each day to listen to Scripture, little by little you begin to know "the better part" for you in everything. This is what Scripture calls wisdom. Wisdom is the gift of choosing what God wants you to choose in every given situation.

About four months ago, I started saying this prayer at the beginning of the day and then several times during the day: "Most Holy Spirit, I surrender to You my time and all my activities this day. Take control of everything."

This simple prayer has increased my peace and serenity. When I catch myself hurrying or anxious, I say the prayer. It has worked for me every time.

7. 17. We honor the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ in July.

“You heard me, only Friend whom I love. To ravish my heart, you became man.You shed your blood, what a supreme mystery!”  (St Therese de Lisieux).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2