JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Monday, May 15, 2023

The work of the Holy Spirit in the Church.

The Spirit of truth shall lead the Church into the fullness of truth

"Jesus said to his disciples: “Now I am going to the one who sent me, and not one of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’

"But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts. But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.

"And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: sin, because they do not believe in me; righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.” (John 16: 5 - 11).

Tuesday 16th May 2023 in the 6th Week of Easter.

Who is the Holy Spirit? The Lord Jesus calls Him here The Spirit of truth.  He is "the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby)." (AMPC).

Why is the Holy Spirit sent after the Ascension of Jesus? He is sent to take up permanent residence in the disciple.

As the Spirit of power, He will empower the disciple to fulfill the Mission of Jesus Christ and witness to the Lord. The Holy Spirit continues the ministry of Jesus today through the Body of Christ.

Jesus also promised that the Holy Spirit "will guide you [Church] to all truth." This is a very important detail that has divided the Body of Christ. St John the Evangelist writes in the conclusion of his Gospel:

"It is this disciple who testifies to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true. There are also many other things that Jesus did, but if these were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written." (John 21: 24 - 25).

The Holy Spirit reveals to the Church through the written and oral sources the truth that concerns Jesus and the Church. All the truth necessary for salvation. The FULLNESS of TRUTH.

An example of this is the stability of doctrine that characterized the early Church up to the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD and continues till today. Only the Holy Spirit could have guaranteed this phenomenon:

One People, One Faith, One Shepherd, Worldwide.

"I will send to you the Spirit of truth, says the Lord; he will guide you to all truth."

 "Each Friday take into your heart, as if for the first time, the words I uttered from the Cross. Contemplate My side pierced by the soldier’s lance; enter into the sanctuary of My open Heart and adore My precious Blood. Receive the outpouring of My Holy Spirit, and withdraw into silence and recollection, as did John with Mary, My Mother, when all is accomplished." (IN SINU JESU)

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

1 comment:

23-Psalm1to2