JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Feast of St John 1st, Pope and Martyr.

The Feast of St John 1st, Pope & Martyr. 

"Jesus said to his disciples:

“A little while and you will no longer see me,

and again a little while later and you will see me.”

"So some of his disciples said to one another,

“What does this mean that he is saying to us,

‘A little while and you will not see me,

and again a little while and you will see me,’

and ‘Because I am going to the Father’?”

"So they said, “What is this ‘little while’ of which he speaks?

We do not know what he means.”

"Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them,

“Are you discussing with one another what I said,

‘A little while and you will not see me,

and again a little while and you will see me’?

"Amen, amen, I say to you,

you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy.” (John 16: 16 - 20).

Thursday 18th May 2023 in the 6th Week of Easter

 is the feast of Pope St John 1, (+ 526). Martyr. St John was martyred by the Arian King Theodoric.

Jesus predicted the persecutions of the disciples in the Last Supper Discourse: "Amen, amen, I say to you, you will weep and mourn, while the world rejoices; you will grieve, but your grief will become joy." 

The antagonism to Jesus and His Gospel is more pronounced today than ever. If you are not prepared today to bear witness to Jesus, what is the likelihood that you will be ready tomorrow? 

The Scripture says: O that today you will listen to His voice, harden not your hearts.

Many of us have probably heard the maxim: "He who laughs last, laughs best." Jesus promises us the last laugh. This laugh will be filled with joy and will last forever. 

In the short time, our Savior and Redeemer is asking us to endure all the trials, deprivations and persecutions with the strength that comes from the Holy Spirit.

"I will not leave you orphans, says the Lord; I go, but I will come back to you, and your hearts will be full of joy." (Cf John 14: 18).

"If, in spite of everything, Jesus’ Ascension into heaven leaves a certain taste of sadness in our souls, let us go to his Mother as the apostles did. They returned to Jerusalem…and they prayed with one mind…together with Mary, the Mother of Jesus."  (Acts 1:12-14).

(Saint Josemaría Escrivá).

Daily Bible Verse @ SeekFirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2