JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Embrace the free mercy of God.

IF YOU FORGIVE OTHERS THE WRONGS THEY HAVE DONE, YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER WILL ALSO FORGIVE YOU. SHOW KINDNESS AND COMPASSION TO EVERYONE.

"Thus says the Lord God: If the wicked man turns away from all the sins he committed, if he keeps all my statutes and does what is right and just, he shall surely live, he shall not die. None of the crimes he committed shall be remembered against him; he shall live because of the virtue he has practiced. Do I indeed derive any pleasure from the death of the wicked? says the Lord God. Do I not rather rejoice when he turns from his evil way that he may live?

"And if the virtuous man turns from the path of virtue to do evil, the same kind of abominable things that the wicked man does, can he do this and still live? None of his virtuous deeds shall be remembered, because he has broken faith and committed sin; because of this, he shall die." (Ezekiel 18: 21....38).

Friday 11th March 2022, of the 1st Week of Lent

On Day 10 of 40 of Lent 2022, the first Reading today calls for Conversion. At the beginning of Lent, we saw that Lent provides a unique opportunity for continuous Conversion because of the immense outpouring of grace and mercy that God promises in this Season.  We have now done 1/4th of the Journey. How do you assess your progress?

In verse 22 of the same chapter 18 of Ezekiel, God says that he who accepts the grace of Conversion "shall live because of the virtue he has practiced."

Some of these virtues are called Corporal Works of Mercy:
1. Feed the hungry
2. Give drink to the thirsty
3. Clothe the naked
4. Shelter the homeless
5. Visit the sick
6. Visit the imprisoned
7. Bury the dead

Lent is the best and easiest opportunity to turn away from sin and believe the Gospel. For a comprehensive Examination of Conscience that will help you to make a good Confession, click on the link below:

http://seekfirst.blogspot.com/2020/09/a-good-examination-of-conscience.html?m=1

"I see all things, and nothing of what I see escapes the reach of My mercy, save that which is deliberately withdrawn and wilfully hidden from Me. Even that I see, and in seeing it, I grieve, because the desire of My Heart is to extend My mercy to every weakness, to take away every shame, to wash clean every soul defiled by sin. Submit to My all-seeing grace, and present to My mercy all that I see in you." (IN SINU JESU, Thursday, March 27, 2008).

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2