JESUS IS LORD. ALWAYS!

Sunday, March 06, 2022

I was imprisoned and you did not defend me.

DO TO OTHERS WHATEVER YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO TO YOU. THIS IS THE LAW AND THE PROPHET.
WHO AMONG YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A SLAVE, HUNGRY, IMPRISONED, SICK?

"Jesus said to his disciples: “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him......... Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me." (Matthew 25: 31.... 46)

Monday 7th March 2022, Monday of the 1st Week of Lent is the feast of two young martyrs from North Africa: Saints Perpetua and Felicity. (+ 203). Perpetua was mother of a young child and Felicity was pregnant.
Perpetua and Felicity triumphed over their butchers by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. (Cf Revelation 12: 11).

Our Gospel for today is a preview of the Last Judgment. St Augustine teaches:
If you pray well, you live well. If you live well, you die well. If you die well, all is well.
Prayer, along with fasting and almsgiving are the three pillars of the Christian life. It is during Lent that you see the power of especially prayer. An ancient maxim of the Church says: Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi. Which means: The law of prayer is the law of faith and the law of living. You live as you pray. You will die and judged as you live.

Prayer is the Activator of Power. Prayer pushes desire to action.
"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me."

Daily Bible Verse @ Seekfirstcommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

23-Psalm1to2